Thursday, May 26, 2011

Entry #41

New MarbleHornets posted last night! There's some pretty interesting stuff going on here, lets analyze.




Alright so I've watched this video an odd...ten or so times and this is what I've found.

First off, the video doesn't seem to really take us anywhere plotwise. I mean, 90% of the video is spent wandering around the frakking woods. If I wanted to see pretty trees, I'd get off my butt and go for a walk. I mean, come on, I'm on the internet for a reason.

Just kidding. Well, mostly. But we have been seeing an awful lot of wondering around the woods lately. I don't know if it's because they're trying to build up tension or they just don't friggin know what to do with themselves anymore. Actually, to be perfectly, frankily honest, most of this season has seemed like it's walking in circles. I understand that they kinda wrote themselves into a corner by having Alex show up again (although looking for him was getting pretty damn old) and finishing up with the Alex tapes. Still, there was a far amount to room for creative leeway. I think by forcing themselves to go back to the old "It's a tape! What could be on it?!?!?!" routine has damped the possibilities, though I salute the fact that the tapes are from Jay's point of view, rather than Alex's, as it adds a whole new flavour to the thing.

I'm not saying I'm not liking MarbleHornets, I was there with the rest of the internet psychotically refreshing the MH twitter feed every  3 seconds for news of a new update for the last week and a half. However, I'm just not getting quite the same mystery from this series as I think it used to bring.

Granted, it's about time to be wrapping some mysteries up. The revealing of Masky and the reappearance of Alex were well-timed and justified, and in a way, created some drama and intrigue. However, it's a matter of balancing the puzzle, solving it, but not solving it so far as to complete the series, without falling into the same pit that ate Lost; where we're so wrapped up in confusion and polar bears that even the creators re-watch Season 1 and go "Ooooooh yeeeeeaaaaah!...What was THAT shit about?"

but I digress.

The point is, this season has had a lot of hits and a few misses. I really liked the last episode, and I was clinging onto my butt in anticipation of what the next video would bring. I think was with a lot of people when the video ended with a big "Wha-huh?" from me.

The beginning was the most dull. For the first three minutes of film the video picks up, as though nothing happened, and trots through the woods looking at all the pretty trees and flowers for a while. Much like the last video. In fact, I was cursing the existance of "Filler" episodes for most of the episode before something finally happened.

However, whereas in the last episode, most of us were panicking as Jay wandered into the trees and looked around; this episode just left me bored. Entry 40 had me expecting Slender Man around every corner. Jay toddles through the trees for ten minutes and I spend the whole time gasping for air, and then the final payoff as Slendy makes his long awaited appearance. This episode left me yawning. We've just seen this schtick. Unconciously, we all knew that they weren't gonna pull the same thing twice. Slendy wasn't gonna show up and scare us all unconcious, and frankily I'd be pretty cyncial if he did; two episodes in a row.

No, this episode actually could have been interesting if we hadn't just seen most of it an episode prior.

Maybe if Slendy had approached the cameraman without him showing fear, or we knew, before the very end, that the cameraman wasn't Jay, or at least, Jay as we know him; it could've picked up. But it didn't. Furthermore, the big reveal at the end of Masky2, or "Sinclair" as he has come to be known, didn't elicit a fear response like Slendy, but rather a big "WTF" from just about everyone.

Again, perhaps if this episode hadn't been a watered down version of the episode just previous, we all would've cared a little more.

On the upswing, there are a few positive conundrums raised here.

Who is holding the camera?
Well, there was some discussion about this on the forums. Supposidly, Jay could've come back for his camera, as we never actually see Sinclair holding it. If you don't pay attention, it seems as though someone gets in Jay's car, and then Sinclair walks by.
However: if you pay attention, the car door opens, the camera is set down on the drivers seat, and we can then hear the car door open and shut once more, albiet quietly as the camera is now further away. Also, the camera shakes slightly as the movement of the individual leaving the car upsets it's balance.
so who has the camera: Sinclair; which, admittedly, adds a bit of interest to the fact that we know that we're briefly looking through the eyes of this masked enigma.

Why doesn't Jay lock his car?
He's a friggin idiot.

Sinclair never unlocks the door, or remote unlocks it, which leads us to believe that it was truly unlocked. Either Jay is feeling far safer than he should under the recent circumstances, or it's pretty amazing continuity error.

Who is Sinclair?
You know...I know a guy who looks like this.
Sinclair. Briefly spotted leaving the scene of the most recent slendy haunting. So what was he doing? Bringing back the camera so that Jay didn't have to go looking for it? Is it ToTheArk? Alex? Jay Himself?
Well, one thing's for sure, they're not risking us figuring it out in two videos based on the coat and epic sideburns anymore. After pouring through the entries, I can definitively say that I've never seen this particular sweatshirt before. They even turned it inside out, just to make sure nobody caught on.

Here's what I think though.
For starters. We've seen before that there are multiple masks of the Masky/Tim styling. This is not one of those masks. For all those people out there who believe that there are a society of masky's who run or serve slendy, we know that he is not on of them, on style alone.

Second. He's a bad guy. I know a lot of people are theorizing that he's a nice guy who just wanted Jay to have his camera, so let's break this down. As I've stated before, Cameras, in this universe, are a bad thing. What drew Slendy to Alex? His girlfriend turning on the camera. When did Slendy start seeking Jay for real? When Jay started filming himself. And as I stated before in my MH theories, I believe ToTheArk is a proxy, and what does TTA perpetually remid Jay to do? Stay on Camera!
Moreover, what the hell is this guy doing in a place that was being haunted by Slendy only fifteen minutes ago? Why is he breaking into Jay's car and how, out of the number of cars that we see in the parking lot, does he know which on belongs to Jay? and the clincher, distortion starts when he's on camera! Since when is that a good thing???

Where is Alex?

Parking lot in Entry #41, and Alex's car from Entry #36
It's hard to see in the screencap folks, but bear with me. In the background there, right next to Jay's car, with the same seemingly slanted back window and rag top, is, could it be? Alex's car?
Now, it's debatable, but I can only discuss what I think. I think Alex is there, logically parked next to Jay. Is he waiting for Jay? or is he sinclairing around? or is it just absentminded filmmaking? Who knows???

I theorize, judging from stance, height and other relatively meaningless hunches, that Sinclair is ToTheArk and ToTheArk is Alex. But that's just me.

However, he does walk in the opposet direction Alex's car (however, if so, shouldn't Alex have seen him?). And he does film in a similar style to Jay. (Also, he has Jay's eyes. Could they be related???)

What the hell is that in the trees?
The yard needed some Raking.

No comments:

Post a Comment